UK VFS Visa Application Centre
Shining Tower, Level 25
King Khalid Bin Abdel Aziz 26th Street,
Adjacent to Khalidyah Mall,
Abu Dhabi – UAE
United Arab Emirates
|Monday 1st January||New Year’s Day|
|Sunday 1st April||Easter|
|Sunday 15th April||Laylat Al-Meiraj|
|Sunday 17th - Monday 18th June||Eid Al-Fitr*|
|Tuesday 21st August||Arafat Day*|
|Wednesday 22nd August - Thursday 23rd August||Eid Al-Adha*|
|Tuesday 11th September||Al-Hijra*|
|Tuesday 20th November||Milad Un Nabi*|
|Sunday 2nd December||National Day|
|Tuesday 25th - Thursday 27th December||Christmas Eve, Christmas & Boxing Day|
Dates for local holidays marked with an * are approximate and may vary by one or two days.
If you are a British National needing urgent consular assistance during this period, please call Tel: +971 4 309 4444 for Dubai and +971 2 610 1100 for Abu Dhabi.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the British Embassies in the UAE are keen to ensure that our buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access:
- entrances: entrances to the public areas are generally clear and unobstructed;
- steps and staircases (including any clear step edging); all public areas are on the ground floor. However, there are steps leading up to the Residence entrance;
- ramps (permanent or mobile); a permanent ramp provides access to our Consular area, and a temporary ramp can provide access to the Residence entrance;
- toilets: all public toilets are on the ground floor but we do not have special toilet facilities for wheelchair users or those with limited physical mobility in our consular or commercial areas. There is a disabled toilet in our new visa building and in the Residence;
- parking: parking facilities, with full transfer space, can be made available within the Embassy if requested in advance;
- floor coverings: floor coverings in the public areas are safe and even. However, there are a number of rugs covering the floor in the Residence;
- doors: doors in the public areas would be difficult to open by the wheelchair users or those with limited physical mobility themselves. Staff will always be available to assist anyone with specific requirements;
- lighting: the public areas are generally well lit;
- emergency/evacuation: our staff would assist disabled visitors.
Access for visually-impaired visitors
- signs: signs are clear and use internationally recognisable symbols. None of our notices or forms are available in Braille;
- guide dogs: guide dogs are welcome.
Access for deaf/hard of hearing visitors
- we have no special equipment for deaf or hard of hearing visitors. Visitors requiring sign language interpretation services should provide their own;
- hearing dogs: Hearing dogs are welcome.