Units of measurement

You must use metric measurements (grams, kilograms, millilitres or litres) when selling packaged or loose goods in England, Scotland or Wales.

The only products you can sell in imperial measures are:

  • draught beer or cider by pint
  • milk in returnable containers by pint
  • precious metals by troy ounce

You can display an imperial measurement alongside the metric measurement but it cannot stand out more than the metric measurement.