Beta This is new guidance. Complete our quick 5-question survey to help us improve it.
Technology community (frontend development)
This community exists to:
- share information about frontend development for government services
- discuss and challenge how frontend development works for government services
- bring together people from across government with an interest in frontend development
Who the community is for
You might be interested in this community if your work involves:
- making decisions about the code libraries used in frontend development
- building accessible digital services
- giving technology advice and being the technical voice in conversations about frontend development
You don’t need to be a frontend developer to join.
Join the community
Use these online spaces to discuss issues related to frontend development:
cross-government #frontend Slack channel - a place to chat and share real-time news about frontend development issues (create a Slack account using your government email address)
If you can’t access these, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
The technology at GDS blog discusses how GDS builds accessible and scalable interfaces, and the code libraries to support those. These include:
Frontend development in the service manual
This is what we currently consider to be best practice in frontend development for government services:
Help us keep them up to date by:
- contributing to community discussions
- telling us if something is wrong or out of date by using the feedback link at the top of each guide