315 services


Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG)

sorted by Most viewed
  • Check your Council Tax band

    Find out the Council Tax band for a property in England, Scotland or Wales by looking up the property's postcode online

  • Apply for or renew a Blue Badge

    Check if you're eligible for a Blue Badge and apply

  • Contact your local Electoral Registration Office

    Contact your local council's Electoral Registration Office if you have a question about registering to vote

  • Pay your Council Tax

    Pay Council Tax online or by other methods, like direct debit to your local council

  • Council Tax

    Your Council Tax bill - how to work it out, who has to pay, discounts and exemptions for students and disabled people, second homes, empty properties, paying the bill

  • Apply for Council Tax Reduction

    Apply to your local council for Council Tax Reduction if you're on a low income or benefits - this has replaced Council Tax Benefit

  • Apply for an older person's bus pass

    Some older people can get free travel on local buses - contact your council to check your eligibility and apply for a bus pass

  • Council housing

    How to apply for a council house or flat - housing waiting lists, types of tenancies, the Right to Buy scheme and repairs, complaining about the council

  • Get a Blue Badge

    Check you're eligible for a Blue Badge, apply and find out where you can park.

  • Apply for council housing

    Apply for council housing through your local council - you'll usually have to join a waiting list

  • Find out your rubbish collection day

    Check your council's website to find out when your rubbish will be collected

  • Blue Badge scheme: information from your council

    Blue Badge parking permits let disabled drivers and passengers park nearer to where they're going - find out more about Blue Badges from your council

  • Apply for a Council Tax discount

    Check with your council if you're eligible for a discount on your Council Tax

  • Planning permission

    When you need planning permission, where to apply, what counts as permitted development and how to appeal a planning permission decision

  • Report a noise nuisance to your council

    Report a noise problem like loud music, noisy pubs, neighbour's parties or barking dogs to your local council

  • Garden bonfires: the rules

    The rules about having garden bonfires, burning domestic waste, complaining about a neighbour's bonfire, fines

  • Parking fines and penalty charge notices

    How to pay or challenge a penalty charge notice (PCN) or parking ticket - fixed penalty notice (FPN), standard or excess charge notice

  • Tenancy deposit protection

    Tenant's guide to deposit protection schemes - your deposit, information landlords must provide, disputes and advice

  • Estimate your business rates

    Estimate your business rates by multiplying the rateable value of your business by a multiplier value set by the government

  • Business rates

    Business rates are charged on most non-domestic properties - who has to pay, how your rates are calculated, getting a revaluation, what to do if your premises change