Skip to main content
2,349 results sorted by Most viewed
From Closed organisation: Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG)
  • Assured tenancy forms

    Forms for landlords and/or tenants to propose action relating to tenancy agreements.

  • Fire safety: Approved Document B

    Building regulation in England covering fire safety matters within and around buildings.

  • How to rent

    This guide is for people who are looking for a house or flat to rent.

  • Access to and use of buildings: Approved Document M

    Building regulation in England to ensure that people are able to access and use buildings and their facilities.

  • Permitted development rights for householders: technical guidance

    Guidance on householder permitted development rights, which allow improvement and extension of homes without the need to make a planning application.

  • Tree Preservation Orders and trees in conservation areas

    Explains the legislation governing Tree Preservation Orders and tree protection in conservation areas.

  • Conservation of fuel and power: Approved Document L

    Building regulation in England setting standards for the energy performance of new and existing buildings.

  • Model agreement for a shorthold assured tenancy

    A model tenancy agreement for use in the private rented sector where a shorthold tenancy is being entered into, and accompanying guidance.

  • Building Regulations and Approved Documents index

    An enhanced Manual to the Building Regulations designed to be clear and useful for a range of audiences, and a fully searchable PDF of all Approved Documents.

  • When is permission required?

    Sets out when planning permission is required and different types of planning permission which may be granted.

  • Protection from falling, collision and impact: Approved Document K

    Building regulation in England covering the buildings users protection from falling, collision and impact in and around the building.

  • Ventilation: Approved Document F

    Building regulation in England for the ventilation requirements to maintain indoor air quality.

  • Preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls

    Information on carrying out building work under the Party Wall etc Act 1996, or what to do if your neighbour tells you they're about to carry out work.

  • Community Infrastructure Levy

    This guidance explains what the Community Infrastructure Levy is and how it operates.

  • Fees for planning applications

    Fees guidance: explains planning related fees and the method of calculating them.

  • Enforcement and post-permission matters

    Responding to suspected breaches of planning control.

  • Making an application

    Supports effective delivery of planning application process.

  • Flood risk and coastal change

    Advises how to take account of and address the risks associated with flooding and coastal change in the planning process.

  • Drainage and waste disposal: Approved Document H

    Building regulation in England for foul water drainage and disposal.

  • Technical housing standards – nationally described space standard

    This document sets out the government’s new nationally described space standard.