Report a business to the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) fraud hotline if they’re selling tobacco or alcohol without paying the full UK Excise Duty.
For your own safety you shouldn’t
- try to find out more about the fraud
- let anyone know you’re making a report
- encourage anyone to commit a crime so you can get more information
What is tobacco products or alcohol duty fraud
A business might be selling alcohol or tobacco products that haven’t had UK duty paid on them.
For example, they might be:
- buying products overseas and then smuggling them into the UK
- shipping UK products to another country without paying duty and then smuggling them back in
- making fake or inferior products