Register as a large goods vehicle (LGV) driving instructor, or renew your registration if it’s about to run out.
Use this form to register if you’ve passed the:
Use this form to renew your registration if:
- your registration ran out less than a year ago
- you’ve retaken and passed the 2 practical tests in the last year
Don’t use this form to renew your registration if it ran out more than a year ago.
Start now on the Department for Transport service
Before you start
It costs £120 to register as an LGV driving instructor.
The service is available from 6am to 11:30pm.
This service isn’t available in Northern Ireland.
What you’ll need
You’ll need your:
- online user ID from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
- driving licence number (if you’ve given DVSA permission to use your photocard photo)
Email DVSA if you’ve lost your user ID. Your email must include:
- your driving licence number
- your date of birth
- your postcode, as held on the LGV register
Logging in for the first time
You’ll need to choose a password if you’re logging in for the first time.
Your password must be at least 9 characters long and must include at least 3 of:
- uppercase letters
- lowercase letters
- special characters (eg £, %, &)
Help with your application
Email DVSA if you have problems applying online.