Register a farm vehicle

Your farm vehicle must have the right approval to be registered with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

To register and tax a new or used tractor you’ll need to send your registration documents and proof of approval to DVLA Swansea, SA99 1BE.

Registration documents

To register new category T1, T2 and T3 tractors for the first time, you’ll need to prove it has either:

A CoC is only valid if the tractor has been assembled by someone acting under control of the manufacturer.

To register new T4 and T5 category tractors or used tractors for the first time, you’ll need to prove it has either a:

  • CoC (if available)
  • Health and Safety Executive (HSE) tractor cab certificate of approval

Certificates of Approval

Unless it already has ECWVTA, the HSE issues certificates of approval for each type of tractor supplied in the UK.

Vehicles that don’t have ECWVTA or a HSE certificate of approval can’t legally be sold, used for work or on a public road in the UK.

Contact the HSE for more information about tractor cab certificates of approval.

Health and Safety Executive
Telephone: 01604 738300
Find out about call charges