1. Telling your local council

Street parties on quiet streets that don’t affect the wider road network count as small events. If you’re planning a small event for neighbours, apply to hold a street party through your local council.

Tell your council 4 to 12 weeks before about your event.

Tell your council:

  • the date and time of the party or event
  • whether or not you want to close a road or section of road, and its name
  • if the road is part of a bus route or used by through traffic
  • a list of any properties or businesses affected
  • if you’ve consulted neighbours

Smaller events

If you don’t want to have to tell the council, you could hold a smaller event.

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.