Organising a street party
1. Telling your local council
Street parties on quiet streets that don’t affect the wider road network count as small events. If you’re planning a small event for neighbours, apply to hold a street party through your local council.
Tell your council about your event 4 to 12 weeks before it happens.
Tell your council:
- the date and time of the party or event
- whether or not you want to close a road or section of road, and its name
- if the road is part of a bus route or used by through traffic
- a list of any properties or businesses affected
- if you’ve consulted neighbours
You don’t have to tell the council if you hold a smaller event.