Organising a street party

Skip to contents of guide

Telling your local council

Street parties on quiet streets that don’t affect the wider road network count as small events. If you’re planning a small event for neighbours, apply to hold a street party through your local council.

Tell your council about your event 4 to 12 weeks before it happens.

Tell your council:

  • the date and time of the party or event
  • whether or not you want to close a road or section of road, and its name
  • if the road is part of a bus route or used by through traffic
  • a list of any properties or businesses affected
  • if you’ve consulted neighbours

Smaller events

You don’t have to tell the council if you hold a smaller event.