Street parties on quiet streets that don’t affect the wider road network count as small events. If you’re planning a small event for neighbours, apply to hold a street party through your local council.
Tell your council 4 to 12 weeks before about your event.
Tell your council:
- the date and time of the party or event
- whether or not you want to close a road or section of road, and its name
- if the road is part of a bus route or used by through traffic
- a list of any properties or businesses affected
- if you’ve consulted neighbours
If you don’t want to have to tell the council, you could hold a smaller event.