Licence to release non-native wildlife and plants

You must have a licence to grow a plant in the wild or release an animal into the wild if it’s on the list of prohibited species.

Get an application form from Natural England.

Get more information on non-native species from the Non-native Species Secretariat.

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

To release non-native plants or wildlife contact: