Work out your new employee's tax code

You need to work out which tax code and starter declaration to use in your payroll software when you take on a new employee.

You must report this information to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) using a Full Payment Submission (FPS) on or before your new starter’s first payday.

Before you can work out your new employee’s tax code and starter declaration, you’ll need to:

Start now