Junior Individual Savings Accounts (ISA)

Manage an account

Your child’s Junior ISA will be in their name, but the parent who opens it is responsible for managing the account and is known as the ‘registered contact’.

The registered contact is the only person who can:

  • change the account, for example from a cash to a stocks and shares Junior ISA
  • change the account provider
  • report changes of circumstances, for example change of address

Contact your account provider to do this.

Children older than 16

If your child is 16 or older they can:

  • become the registered contact for their Junior ISAs
  • open an adult cash ISA

When your child turns 18 they can take out any money in their Junior ISAs.

Junior ISAs automatically turn into an adult ISA when the child turns 18.