Before you apply you need to have your business or business idea assessed by an endorsing body.
They will provide you with an endorsement letter if your business is eligible.
You must also:
- meet the English language requirement
- be at least 18 years old
- be able to prove that you have enough personal savings to support yourself while you’re in the UK
Read the specific requirements for the Innovator visa before you apply.
If you want to set up a new business
You must have at least £50,000 in investment funds to apply for an Innovator visa if you want to set up a new business.
You’ll need to prove where you got your funding from.
You do not need any investment funds if either:
- your business is already established and has been endorsed for an earlier visa
- you’ve changed your business and already agreed it with your endorsing body
You need to have had at least £1,270 in your bank account for 28 consecutive days before you either:
- apply for an Innovator visa
- apply to extend your Innovator visa or switch to an Innovator visa if you’ve been in the UK for less than a year
You cannot use either of the following to support yourself:
- money from your investment funds
- money earned while working in the UK illegally
Read the guidance on financial evidence for more information about the money you need and how to prove it.
Sharing investment funds
You can form a team with other Innovator applicants, but you cannot share the same investment funds.
Your team must have £50,000 for each Innovator applicant. For example, if you have 2 Innovator applicants, your team must have £100,000 to invest.