Hunting and shooting wildlife
You must follow the rules for hunting and shooting wildlife including:
- what you can hunt or shoot
- when you can do it
- what equipment you can use
You can be fined or jailed for hunting illegally or causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.
You must have permission from the land owner.
Firearms and shotgun certificates
You must get a certificate to use a shotgun, rifle or other firearm.
You don’t need a certificate for:
- air rifles up to 12ft lb in power
- air pistols up to 6ft lb in power
You can’t use:
- bows or crossbows
- explosives (other than the legal ammunition for a firearm)