We’re constantly working to make GOV.UK as accessible and usable as possible.
The website doesn’t have a separate accessibility statement. This is because we’ve tried to design GOV.UK to be as accessible and usable as possible for every user.
You can read a blog post about what we’re doing to improve accessibility on GOV.UK.
Compatibility with tools
GOV.UK should be compatible with recent versions of the following screen readers:
- Window Eyes
- Supernova screen readers
The site should also be compatible with:
- basic operating system screen magnifiers
- speech recognition software, eg Dragon Naturally Speaking
- operating system speech packages
Get content in braille, audio CD or large print format
You can get GOV.UK pages and documents in a different format.
Add the web address (URL) of the page the content’s on.
Describe the format you need, eg braille, audio CD or large print.
Enter your name and email address.
You can find guidance from the BBC about:
- making your mouse easier to use
- using your keyboard to control your mouse
- alternatives to a keyboard and mouse
- increasing the size of the text in your web browser
- changing text and background colours
- how to magnify your screen
- screen readers and talking browsers
Contact us if you have trouble using GOV.UK - this will help us to make improvements.