We’re constantly working to make GOV.UK as accessible and usable as possible.
The website doesn’t have a separate accessibility statement. This is because we’ve tried to design GOV.UK to be as accessible and usable as possible for every user.
You can read about a blog post about what we’re doing to improve accessibility on GOV.UK.
Compatibility with tools
GOV.UK should be compatible with recent versions of the following screen readers:
- Window Eyes
- Supernova screen readers
The site should also be compatible with:
- basic operating system screen magnifiers
- speech recognition software, eg Dragon Naturally Speaking
- operating system speech packages
You can find guidance from the BBC about:
- making your mouse easier to use
- using your keyboard to control your mouse
- alternatives to a keyboard and mouse
- increasing the size of the text in your web browser
- changing text and background colours
- how to magnify your screen
- screen readers and talking browsers
You should contact us if you have trouble using GOV.UK - this will help us to make improvements.