We’re constantly working to make GOV.UK as accessible and usable as possible.
The website doesn’t have a separate accessibility statement. This is because we’ve tried to design GOV.UK to be as accessible and usable as possible for every user.
You can read a blog about accessibility on GOV.UK.
Compatibility with tools
GOV.UK is designed to be compatible with recent versions of the following screen readers:
The site is also designed to be compatible with:
- basic operating system screen magnifiers, such as ZoomText magnifier
- speech recognition software, such as Dragon Naturally Speaking
- operating system speech packages
Get content in braille, audio CD or large print format
You can get GOV.UK pages and documents in a different format.
Add the web address (URL) of the page the content’s on.
Describe the format you need, for example braille, audio CD or large print.
Enter your name and email address.
AbilityNet provides guidance about how to:
- make your mouse easier to use
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse
- talk to your device
- make your device talk to you
- make text larger
- change your colours
- magnify the screen
Contact us if you have trouble using GOV.UK - this will help us to make improvements.