Section 27: General power to amend specification after grant
Provisions as to patents after grant.
- (1) Subject to the following provisions of this section and to section 76 below, the comptroller may, on an application made by the proprietor of a patent, allow the specification of the patent to be amended subject to such conditions, if any, as he thinks fit.
(2) No such amendment shall be allowed under this section where there are pending before the court or the comptroller proceedings in which the validity of the patent may be put in issue.
(3) An amendment of a specification of a patent under this section shall have effect and be deemed always to have had effect from the grant of the patent.
(4) The comptroller may, without an application being made to him for the purpose, amend the specification of a patent so as to acknowledge a registered trade-mark.
(5) A person may give notice to the comptroller of his opposition to an application under this section by the proprietor of a patent, and if he does so the comptroller shall notify the proprietor and consider the opposition in deciding whether to grant the application.
(6) In considering whether or not to allow an application under this section, the comptroller shall have regard to any relevant principles under the European Patent Convention.