How to buy or sell cloud hosting, software and support through the G-Cloud framework.
What frameworks are
Buying services through frameworks is faster and cheaper than entering into individual procurement contracts. Buyers and suppliers still need to sign a contract (or ‘call-off contract’) for each service bought through a framework.
Read more about how the terms and conditions work.
Frameworks on the Digital Marketplace
Public sector organisations can use the Digital Marketplace to access services from 3 frameworks. You can find:
- cloud services (for example content delivery networks or accounting software) through the G-Cloud framework
- digital outcomes, digital specialists and user research services through the Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework
- physical datacentre space through the Crown Hosting Data Centres framework
The G-Cloud framework
The G-Cloud framework is an agreement between the government and suppliers who provide cloud-based services.
G-Cloud services are divided into 3 categories, or ‘lots’:
- cloud hosting, for example content delivery networks or load balancing services
- cloud software, for example accounting tools or customer service management software
- cloud support, for example migration services or ongoing support
Cloud hosting suppliers provide cloud platform or infrastructure services that can help buyers:
- deploy, manage and run software
- provision and use processing, storage or networking resources
Buyers only need to pay for what they use.
Cloud software suppliers provide applications that are accessed over the internet and hosted in the cloud. Buyers only need to pay for what they use.
Cloud support suppliers provide services to help buyers set up and maintain their cloud services.
Buy services from the G-Cloud framework
Read the G-Cloud buyers’ guide to learn how to buy services from the G-Cloud framework.
Choosing the right G-Cloud legal documents
The latest iteration of the G-Cloud framework is G-Cloud 10. That means you need to use the G-Cloud 10 templates and legal documents.
Submit services to the G-Cloud framework
The G-Cloud 10 framework is closed for applications. The next G-Cloud framework is expected to open in 2019.
Sign up for Digital Marketplace email alerts and we’ll tell you when applications are open again.
Read the G-Cloud suppliers’ guide to learn how to submit services to the G-Cloud framework.
If you need any more information about frameworks, email email@example.com