How to buy or sell cloud hosting, software and support through the G-Cloud framework.
What frameworks are
Buying services through frameworks is faster and cheaper than entering into individual procurement contracts. Buyers and suppliers still need to sign a contract (or ‘call-off contract’) for each service bought through a framework.
Read more about how the terms and conditions work.
Frameworks on the Digital Marketplace
Public sector organisations can use the Digital Marketplace to access services from 3 frameworks. You can find:
- cloud services (for example content delivery networks or accounting software) through the G-Cloud framework
- digital outcomes, digital specialists and user research services through the Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework
- physical datacentre space through the Crown Hosting Data Centres framework
The G-Cloud framework
The G-Cloud framework is an agreement between the government and suppliers who provide cloud-based services.
G-Cloud services are divided into 3 categories, or ‘lots’:
- cloud hosting, for example content delivery networks or load balancing services
- cloud software, for example accounting tools or customer service management software
- cloud support, for example migration services or ongoing support
Cloud hosting suppliers provide cloud platform or infrastructure services that can help buyers:
- deploy, manage and run software
- provision and use processing, storage or networking resources
Buyers only need to pay for what they use.
On G-Cloud 8, cloud hosting was known as ‘Platform as a Service’ and ‘Infrastructure as a Service’.
Cloud software suppliers provide applications that are accessed over the internet and hosted in the cloud. Buyers only need to pay for what they use.
On G-Cloud 8, cloud software was known as ‘Software as a Service’.
Cloud support suppliers provide services to help buyers set up and maintain their cloud services.
On G-Cloud 8, cloud support was known as ‘Specialist Cloud Services’.
Buy services from the G-Cloud framework
Read the G-Cloud buyers’ guide to learn how to buy services from the G-Cloud framework.
Choosing the right G-Cloud legal documents
The latest iteration of the G-Cloud framework is G-Cloud 9. That means you need to use the G-Cloud 9 templates and legal documents.
Latest G-Cloud legal documents
The latest G-Cloud legal documents are the:
Previous G-Cloud legal documents
Some previous G-Cloud legal documents include the:
Submit services to the G-Cloud framework
The G-Cloud 10 framework is now open for supplier applications. The application deadline is 5pm BST, 23 May 2018.
G-Cloud 10 is open for supplier applications. Follow the Digital Marketplace on Twitter to stay up to date.
Read the G-Cloud suppliers’ guide to learn how to submit services to the G-Cloud framework.
If you need any more information about frameworks, email email@example.com