British Embassy Tunis, main contact
Rue du Lac Windermere
Les Berges du Lac
Telephone +216 71 108 700
Fax Management +216 71 108 749
Fax Consular +216 71 108 779
Fax Commercial +216 71 108 749
Office hours: Monday to Thursday, 8.00am to 4.30pm (local time)
Friday 8.00am to 1.00pm (local time)
Consular opening Hours Summer and Winter: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday From 9.00am To 12.00pm (Local time), Wednesday Closed
Consular Enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial Enquiries : UKTITunis.email@example.com
Press Enquiries: BritishEmbassyTunis@fco.gov.uk
Consular opening hours Summer and Winter are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday From 9.00am To 12.00pm (local time). Wednesday closed. You should book your consular appointment by clicking on Consular Service Appointment. For more information, please consult our services here.
Here is a list of the public holidays observed by the embassy in 2017. The embassy will be closed on these days. Some holidays are subject to the appearance of the moon (indicated with *), and may be subject to change. These days will be confirmed at the last moment.
Wherever possible the embassy will observe them as proclaimed by the Tunisian government. Adjustments may be necessary.
|Monday 2 January||New Year’s Day|
|Friday 13 January||Day of the Revolution/Saturday 14 January|
|Monday 20 March||Independence Day/Tunisia National Day|
|Friday 14 April||Good Friday|
|Monday 17 April||Easter Monday|
|Tuesday 25 July||Tunisian Republic Day|
|Monday 26 and Tuesday 27 June||* Aid el Fitr|
|Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 September||* Aid el Idha|
|Tuesday 26 September||* Islamic New Year|
|Friday 1 December||* Mouled/Saturday 2 December|
|Monday 25 December||Christmas Day|
|Tuesday 26 December||Boxing Day|
You can find a map of our office location on Google Maps.
The embassy is located at Les Berges du Lac area in Rue du Lac Windermere, behind Hotel Acropole, on the lake side. The most convenient way to get to the embassy is by car or taxi. It takes approximately 10 minutes drive from the Tunis Carthage Airport and 20-30 minutes from Tunis Centre.
British Embassy Tunis is keen to ensure that its buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have done so. However sometimes, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at the Embassy. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
- entrances: clear and unobstructed
- steps and staircases
- ramps: external access ramps in situ
- lifts: available to all floors and accessible for wheelchair-users
- toilets on the first floor are accessible to wheelchair-users or those with limited physical mobility
- parking: Internal parking available for official visitors only. Full transfer space for wheelchairs will be made available. All non-official visitors must use external parking facilities over which the embassy has no control
- floor coverings are safe and even
- handrails are widely available and easy to grip
- doors are easily accessible to all users
- lighting: there is good lighting
- emergency/evacuation: help alarms are available and procedures in place
- phones are accessible to wheelchair users.
Access for visually-impaired visitors
- signs: are clear, easy to read, and use internationally-recognisable symbols
- braille is not available
- guide dogs are welcome
Access for deaf/hard of hearing visitors
- hearing loops: installed
- Minicom and textphones: not installed
- sign language: none of the Embassy staff have sign language (e.g. BSL)
- interpretation: professional signing interpretation is not available
- hearing dogs are welcome.
Please be aware that all visitors to the British embassy will have to pass through embassy security. While we aim for this to be as light-touch as possible, it does require a search of bags and pockets.
The British embassy in Tunis security regulations, in line with all British diplomatic missions world-wide, do not permit visitors to enter the embassy with mobile telephones, laptops, PDAs or any other similar electrical devices. We prefer that you arrive at the embassy without them. If this is not possible we can retain them at the entrance during your visit.
Weapons (including pepper sprays), or any object that our security staff consider could be used as a weapon, are also forbidden. These will not be retained by our staff. Should you arrive with such an object you will not be granted access but will be asked to return without it.
These regulations are intended to help us ensure the security for our staff and visitors. Your cooperation is appreciated.