British Consulate General Auckland
151 Queen Street
Telephone +64 (0) 9 303 2973
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 1.00pm
General physical access - Public Areas
- All entrances are clear & unobstructed, guard is available if necessary to open doors etc.
- Steps and staircases
- There are stairs but there is access to the consular waiting area via and alternative route without stairs.
- Ramps – are mobile ones accessible?
- No - none necessary.
- A lift to all floors is available
- Disabled toilet on the ground floor
- Parking – are there designated disabled spaces?
- No reserved space but parking available with transfer space
Floor coverings *All floor coverings are safe and even
- No handrails available across courtyard
- There is good lighting.
- Signs are clear.
- Emergency/evacuation – arrangements for emergencies / evacuation for disabled visitors.
- There is a separate procedure for this in the building evacuation plan
- No phone in public areas
For visually impaired visitors
- There are no braille signs, but assistance can be given for the reading of material
- Guide dogs
- Guide dogs are welcome
For hearing impaired visitors
- Hearing loop
- Amplifier installed at visa / passport counter and main reception area
- Minicom and textphones
- There are no minicom or textphones
- Sign language
- There is at least one member of staff trained in BSL
- Interpretation is available by arrangement
- Hearing dogs
- Hearing dogs are welcome
The Auckland Consulate is closed on the following dates:
- Monday 2 January
- Tuesday 3 January
- Monday 30 January
- Monday 6 February
- Friday 14 April
- Monday 17 April
- Tuesday 25 April
- Monday 29 May
- Monday 5 June
- Monday 28 August
- Monday 23 October
- Monday 25 December
- Tuesday 26 December
- Wednesday 27 December
- Monday 1 January
- Tuesday 2 January