UK healthcare mission visits India
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
UK trade delegation explores partnership and export opportunities in India’s healthcare sector.
An 18-member UK healthcare delegation will be in Kochi 23-24 September to explore technology, skills development and research relationships with hospitals and healthcare entrepreneurs in Kerala.
Bharat Joshi, British Deputy High Commissioner, Chennai said:
The British government is delighted to host this important UK healthcare delegation to Kochi. Healthcare is a pillar of our relationship with India and I welcome our ever closer partnership in healthcare and other areas with Kerala. I hope that Kerala-based institutions will identify specific themes where they can work with the UK to improve care management in Kerala and beyond.
The UK delegation includes:
- Careaxes: healthcare data management, software for healthcare documentation.
- CK Group: hygiene management, including sanitising critical care facilities.
- CyberLiver: smart tech for liver health management.
- Diabetacare: efficient, effective diabetes management.
- Hewitt Fertility Centre: IVF - selection of the best embryo for implantation (lowest percentage of multiple births for a fertility clinic in the UK. Important because multiple births linked to higher rates of conditions such as cerebral palsy).
- Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust: largest specialist women’s hospital in Europe.
- Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust: one of 15 Academic Health Science Networks by NHS England to streamline diffusion of healthcare innovation and collaboration. A dynamic partnership between 48 NHS organisations, 12 Universities, 3 Medical Schools and industry. A key focus area in India includes healthy ageing.
- International Federation of Healthcare Professionals UK: Managing scale, reducing costs and improving delivery systems in healthcare.
- Surrey & Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust: specialist mental health, drug and alcohol and learning disabilities care. Neurodevelopment services for children and young adults with autism and related disorders.
- TexRAD Ltd: algorithm that quantifies textures in medical images to improve decisions in cancer management.
This mission was organised by Healthcare UK.
Find out about Healthcare UK and how we can help you do more business overseas.
The UK healthcare delegation arrives in Kochi, from Bangalore, on the evening of 23 September and departs, to Delhi, on the evening of 24 September.
In Kochi, the delegation will visit Lakeshore Hospital, Aster Medcity and meet Kochi Medical Trust. They will visit StartUp Village for a discussion on commercial incubation of healthcare innovation. They will also meet a wide range of healthcare professionals and institutions from across Kerala, at a networking event organised by CII.
For media queries, please contact Rudy Fernandez, Press & Public Affairs, British Deputy High Commission, Chennai. Mobile: +91-9840340282.