Visit strengthens trade and investment links between the UK and India.
The British Deputy High Commissioner in Kolkata, Scott Furssedonn-Wood, made his first visit to Jamshedpur 2 to 3 September 2014. A team from UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), including Sudipto Sen, Head of UKTI Kolkata accompanied Mr Furssedonn-Wood.
The aim of the visit was to:
- establish stronger and deeper economic and commercial ties between the UK and the city of Jamshedpur
- promote business opportunities for UK based companies
- promote UK interests in working with Tata Steel and other companies in Jamshedpur
- interact with companies who have plans to set up a business presence in the UK
The Deputy High Commissioner is based in Kolkata and covers 13 states in east and north east India, including Jharkhand.
The British Deputy High Commissioner met a number of important business leaders in Jamshedpur on this visit including:
- T V Narendran, Managing Director of Tata Steel Limited
- Sudhir Deoras, Managing Director of TRF Limited
He and the visiting team also met the research and development team of Tata Steel and select automotive components manufacturing companies in Jamshedpur.
If you have any questions about the visit contact:
For further details please contact:
Press and Public Affairs Department
British Deputy High Commission