Job vacancy: Consular Regional Network Coordinator
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The British Embassy in Athens wishes to recruit a Consular Regional Network Coordinator on a full-time contract.
The Network Coordinator position is an exciting one in a priority area for the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office: providing assistance to British Nationals abroad. The position plays a key role in supporting the Consular Regional Director, and his management team, in helping to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the large regional consular network, and promoting consistency and best practice across the region. The jobholder will become involved in all aspects of consular work from operational policy to resource management decisions to crisis planning activities.
The position involves a reasonable amount of travel outside of Greece: from attending Board of Management meetings to representing the region and taking part in a range of meetings in London and elsewhere. The jobholder can expect to travel overseas on average around once every two months.
The main elements of the job include:
- Secretary to the Regional Board of Management (taking minutes; arranging meetings/teleconferences; preparing monthly communication newsletter etc);
- Leading on various consular change projects;
- Management of the regional consular budget through monitoring and profiling of spend, and offering advice to staff;
- SharePoint Manager and PowerUser responsible for the continuous development of the regional site and providing training to users;
- Administration of regional schemes such as job shadows/swaps, bonus scheme, regional resilience network;
- Analysis and monitoring of key management information data to produce trend and other reports and guidance for consular staff across the region;
- Oversight of customer surveys, complaints, high profile case tracker;
- Coordinate and monitor progress of regional working groups;
- Provision of general administrative and other support to the Consular Regional Director particularly during periods of travel.
- Travel outside of Greece to attend regional meetings and training;
The successful candidate must have an excellent command of spoken and written English and must be a self-starter, confident, innovative, and resilient, with excellent people, team-working and communication skills. A proven track record of delivering results is desirable. Good IT skills, in particular Excel, are essential.
On the job and formal training will be given.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview, which will take place in Athens in week commencing 10 June 2013. Applications with full CV in English to be sent to the Human Resources Officer, British Embassy, Ploutarchou 1, Athens, 10675 by 4 June 2013 (email: HR.Athens@fco.gov.uk).