Job vacancy at the British Embassy Athens
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) team is recruiting for a Commercial Assistant.
A vacancy has arisen for a Commercial Assistant at the British Embassy, Athens. The successful candidate will work as part of a small team in a busy section. This is a six-month contract with a possible six-month extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing administration support on day-to-day UKTI activity and handling general enquiries
- Collecting information from internet and other media channels, to be used in updates of sector briefings.
- Research, writing up and proof reading of Market research reports, contacting local companies, arranging appointments and processing company information from databases.
- Responding to tenders & expressions of interest. Recording interactions on online Customer Relationship Management system.
- Assist with organisation of commercial events, identifying potential guests/speakers, preparation/validation of guest lists, creation/dispatch of invitations, RSVP and follow up.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Excellent command of Greek and English (oral and written)
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet
- Ability to work under pressure as part of a team and complete tasks to an agreed standard within tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask
- Previous market research & business experience would be an advantage.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your up-to-date CV, in English, to the Human Resources Officer, British Embassy, Ploutarchou 1, Athens, 10675 (email: HR.Athens@fco.gov.uk). Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview, which will take place in Athens in week commencing 15 April 2013.
Deadline for applications is 14 April 2013.
The British Embassy is an Equal Opportunities Employer.