Call for recruitment of a Project Officer for a British Embassy supported project in Skopje.
Migration Asylum Refugees Regional Initiative (MARRI) Centre in Skopje seeks an experienced Project Officer to work on the Project ‘Improvement of the Procedures for Establishing Identity of Irregular Migrants in the MARRI Region’, for the period from 1 August 2015 – 31 March 2016.
The project is supported by the British Embassy Skopje.
Overall coordination and administrative and financial management of the project
- Develop work plan and timetable for the project and assure its smooth implementation
- Organise and support the delivery of the project events: workshops and trainings
- Organise and participate in the work of the Project Working Group
- Communication and coordination with the donor and all other relevant stakeholders
- Prepare documents for various meetings/events and draft notes
- Provide input in the development of the project documents
- Prepare technical specifications for hiring IT company to establish database, in line with the procurement procedures of the donor
- Manage the project budget, including forecasting of expenditures, preparing payments, and other financial requirements in line with the financial procedures of the donor
- Prepare narrative and financial quarterly progress reports and final Completion report
- Maintain electronic and paper filing for the project
- Prepare briefs on project events to be published on the MARRI webpage and coordinate PR related activities according to the procedures of the donor
- Other tasks which may arise during the implementation of the project
We are looking for a motivated team member with a strong interest and experience in management and coordination who fulfils the following criteria:
- University degree
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in project management
- Excellent management and coordination skills, ability to work under pressure, manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Diligent, reliable and focused way of operating with close attention to detail
- Independent and proactive attitude, strong sense of ownership for assigned areas of responsibility
- Ability to take initiative, identify gaps and propose solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Culturally sensitive. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Writing and editing skills
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Application for the position
Your application should consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation, in English, as well as job references.
The application should be sent by mail to email@example.com by 17:00 hrs on 21 July 2015.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.