GREAT Week UAE to promote UK companies' skills and talent
- British Embassy Abu Dhabi, Department for International Trade United Arab Emirates, and British Embassy Dubai
- Part of:
- United Arab Emirates
- First published:
- 12 March 2015
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
UK Trade and Investment are organising the second GREAT Week UAE.
Next week – 15th to 19th March – UK Trade and Investment are organising the second ‘GREAT Week UAE’. The aim of GREAT Week is to showcase the world-leading products and services of British companies to a UAE audience. This will include a 25 strong delegation of leading British companies from creative industries who will be in the UAE to establish contacts and learn more about the opportunities flowing from some of the UAE’s forthcoming iconic projects.
The UK is a global leader in creative industries and is home to outstanding skills and talent. There are increasing opportunities for creative collaboration between the UK and UAE, which ‘GREAT Week UAE’ will help to realise through a range of high profile receptions, briefings, workshops and networking events.
The week will also include an elegant British evening on Sunday 15th March, jointly hosted by the British Embassy in Dubai and Jacques Vert - a British brand founded in 1972 by two London tailors Jack Cynamon and Alan Green – with the participation of Fortnum and Masons and Paul Smith.
On Monday 16th March UK Trade and Investment will host their flagship networking conference, Britain in the Region at the Grand Habtoor Hotel. The event - for UK companies who are active or are seeking opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa - comprises a mix of business workshops, panel discussions and one-to-one meetings on opportunities across the MENA region. Companies are still able to register for this event by emailing Britain in the Region.
British Consul General to Dubai and the Northern Emirates, Edward Hobart, said:
The inaugural GREAT Week last year in the UAE was a huge success, and we expect this year’s edition to follow suit. Britain’s world leading creative industries and the UAE’s huge ambition and impressive vision are a perfect marriage and one which has already played a part in some of the UAE’s most iconic landmarks. GREAT Week is all about encouraging this collaboration for the benefit of the UK and UAE.
Notes to Editors:
- GREAT weeks are a programme of workshops, meetings and briefings for trade missions from the UK. Organised by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), GREAT weeks equip British businesses with the support they need to export overseas. Attendees benefit from gaining access to key decision makers, major buyers and potential partners in a range of countries. Each visit allows UK companies to build long term relationships and engage in high-level discussions. GREAT weeks also run in parallel within high-profile events in the region, such as fashion shows or festivals. To find out more, visit GREAT Weeks.
- GREAT Week 2015 is part of UKTI’s desire to increase business with the UAE. Our two countries reached our bilateral trade target of £12bn/ AED 73bn two years before the 2015 deadline, but there’s more to do.
- UK Trade and Investment is the Government Department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy. We also help overseas companies bring their high quality investment to the UK’s economy – acknowledged as Europe’s best place from which to succeed in global business. UKTI offers expertise and contacts through its extensive network of specialists in the UK, and in British embassies and other diplomatic offices around the world. We provide companies with the tools they require to be competitive on the world stage. For more information, visit: UKTI.
- Jacques Vert is a British brand. Founded in 1972 by two London tailors Jack Cynamon and Alan Green. It’s part of the Jacques Vert Group based in Islington and headed by CEO Teresa Tideman and includes brands such as Prećis Petite and Windsmoor.
Published: 12 March 2015