British High Commission Opens Consular Information Corner in British Council Chittagong
On 7th September 2015, the Consular section will be opening a Consular Information corner in the British Council Office in Chittagong. The information corner will hold leaflets explaining the assistance we offer to British Nationals overseas and provide helpful advice to British Nationals in Chittagong.
On 7th September 2015, the Consular section of the British High Commission will be opening a Consular Information corner in the British Council Office in Chittagong. The information corner will hold leaflets explaining the assistance we offer to British Nationals overseas and provide helpful advice to British Nationals in Chittagong.
Mark Clayton, Acting British High Commissioner said: “I am delighted the Consular Information point will open in Chittagong to support British Nationals overseas. It is another example of where working closely with one of our partners will ensure the UK government continues to provide a modern and efficient consular service to assist those in difficulty”.
Matt Pusey, Acting Director, British Council Bangladesh said: “In order to continue to strengthen the ties and support between Bangladesh and the UK, we are pleased to announce the opening of a British High Commission consular stand at the British Council Office in Chittagong, Rafique Tower, 8th Floor, 92 Agrabad, that will complement our own services and provide the latest information on a range of issues with regards to Bangladesh and UK relations.”
Consular staff play a crucial role in helping holidaymakers and resident British nationals in many different ways –from providing support to victims of crime, victims of forced marriage, British Nationals detained in Bangladesh, making hospital visits and contacting friends and family in the UK, through to supporting grieving families coping with a bereavement or providing emergency travel documents so people can travel home to the UK if they have lost their passport or had it stolen.
Notes to Editors:
- For consular assistance, customers can call us on +880 2 8822705 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating the purpose of their enquiry. We will respond to all customer queries within 5 working days.
- Customers can find a guide which highlights some of the main ways they can help themselves stay safe abroad and what help the FCO can provide on our GOV.UK website.
- The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide. For further information, please contact Head of Marketing and Communications, Arshia Aziz, email: Arshia.Aziz@bd.britishcouncil.org, For more information about the British Council, please visit: www.britishcouncil.org.bd.
- Our consular team cannot deal with any UK visa or passport related enquiries. Such enquiries should be directed to:
- UK visas: Visqry.Bangladesh@fco.gov.uk
- Passports: +44 300 222 0000, email@example.com