Details of the forecasts of national non-domestic rates to be collected by local authorities in England were announced on 25 May 2011.
The latest statistics release includes data from 2007-08 to 2011-12 and updates those statistics previously released on 26 May 2010.
The key points from the latest release are:
- The yield before reliefs in respect of 2011-12 will be £1,287 million or 5.6 per cent higher than in 2010-11
- It is estimated that the contribution to the pool from the local lists is expected to increase by 1.4 per cent to £20.3 billion in 2011-12
- Between 2007-08 and 2011-12 the contribution to the pool from the local lists is expected to have increased by 18 per cent
- London accounts for 28 per cent of the contribution to the national pool while having only 15 per cent of the population
- At 31 December 2010, there were 510,000 hereditaments benefiting from the Small Business Rate Relief scheme in England.