This publication was withdrawn on
The latest statistics on affordable housing starts and completions are published in live table 1012.
Latest statistics on affordable housing starts and completions funded by the Homes and Communities Agency and the Greater London Authority.
Table 1012: affordable housing starts and completions funded by HCA and the GLA, April to September 2014
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 21.4KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The latest statistics on affordable housing starts and completions managed by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) and the Greater London Authority (GLA) were released on 20 November 2014.
The figures show the supply of homes delivered under the following programmes:
- Accelerated Land Disposal programme
- Affordable Homes Guarantees programme
- 2011 to 2015 Affordable Homes programme (including the Affordable Homes programme, Empty Homes, Homelessness Change, Mortgage Rescue, Short Form Agreements and Traveller Pitch Funding)
- Care and Support Specialised Housing programme
- Economic Assets programme
- Empty Homes Round 2
- Get Britain Building programme
- Kickstart Housing Delivery programme
- Mayor’s Housing Covenant
- National Affordable Housing programme
- Property and Regeneration programme
- Right to Buy replacements
Details about these programmes can be found on the HCA and GLA websites (see below).
The main points from this release are:
- to ensure consistent reporting with completions, with effect from 1 April 2014, affordable housing starts on site include the starts on site for new build homes purchased at completion; these have not been reported historically and have been excluded from year on year comparisons below to ensure that comparisons are on a like for like basis
- in April to September 2014, there were 11,556 affordable housing starts on site delivered in England through programmes managed by the HCA and the GLA; if the affordable homes purchased at completion (659), which have not been reported historically, are excluded this represents a decrease of 14% compared to the 12,717 started in April to September 2013 in April to September 2014, there were 12,697 affordable housing completions delivered through programmes managed by the HCA and the GLA; this represents an increase of 37% compared to the 9,289 completed in April to September 2013
- there is a recognised pattern of higher delivery of affordable housing in the second half of the year; figures should be interpreted with caution because delivery in the first half of the year does not account for half of annual delivery
Information on the number of affordable homes delivered under the HCA affordable housing programmes is published twice a year. From April 2012, the Mayor of London has had strategic oversight of housing, regeneration and economic development in London. This means that the HCA no longer publish affordable housing starts and completions for London and this responsibility has been taken over by the GLA.
The Department for Communities and Local Government combines data from the HCA and the GLA to publish 6 monthly affordable housing starts and completions delivered nationally under the affordable housing programmes of the HCA and GLA.
More information about the HCA affordable housing statistics.
More information about the GLA affordable housing statistics.
Note that from November 2013 the GLA will be including some forms of housing delivery in their monthly statistics that are not reported by the HCA.