Water resources and conservation: eco-hydrological requirements of habitats and species
Report on impacts of water abstraction on Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
Water resources and conservation: assessing the eco-hydrological requirements of habitats and species
Ref: LIT 3036 PDF, 5.79MB, 322 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The document aims to provide:
- up-to-date information on the hydrological needs and sensitivity of ecological features considered to have fresh water resource requirements
- a framework that can be used to structure and inform associated hydro-ecological assessments of conservation sites using a risk analysis approach based on the source-pathway-receptor concept
- advice on decision making within the context of multi-functional (in-combination) assessments, together with outline information on the generic issues which may arise
- information on common methods (or techniques) frequently used to inform hydroecological assessments
- case examples of assessments