- Intellectual Property Office
- Part of:
- Intellectual property research: Trade marks and brands
- 19 April 2012
An exploratory report examining the problem of 'cluttering' of trade mark registers.
Ref: ISBN 978-1-908908-29-2 PDF, 2.19MB, 60 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The report consists of two parts:
- the first presents a conceptual discussion of ‘cluttering’ of trade mark registers
- the second part provides an exploratory empirical analysis of trade mark applications at the Intellectual Property Office and the European Trade Mark Office
- this part contains results of a descriptive and an econometric analysis
Authors: Georg von Graevenitz, Christine Greenhalgh, Christian Helmers and Philipp Schautschick
Published: 19 April 2012