The Single Source Regulations Office (SSRO) is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Ministry of Defence. We play a key role in the regulation of single source, or non-competitive defence contracts.
The SSRO is at the heart of the regulatory framework, supporting its operation. When undertaking our statutory functions we aim to ensure:
- Good value for money for the taxpayer is obtained in government expenditure on qualifying defence contracts.
- Persons who are parties to qualifying defence contracts are paid a fair and reasonable price under those contracts.
This Corporate Plan includes seven objectives that are explicitly linked to the delivery of one or more of our statutory functions:
- Provide authoritative responses to referred matters within agreed timeframes.
- Provide the Secretary of State with a recommendation of the appropriate baseline profit rate, capital servicing rates and the funding adjustments for each financial year.
- Issue guidance that supports the optimal working of the regulatory framework.
- Conduct targeted reviews of the Act and the Regulations aimed at improving the functioning of the regulatory framework.
- Provide a platform that facilitates the efficient and secure submission of statutory reports.
- Improve data quality and the reporting of information.
- Harness the power of data to support decision making.
The Corporate Plan includes two supporting functions related to stakeholder engagement and resources, both of which are essential to successful delivery:
- Maintain effective and comprehensive engagement with our stakeholders.
- Access and use resources appropriate to the delivery of our functions.
Our emphasis on effective engagement and continuously improving how we engage will continue throughout the life of this Plan. We will prioritise our work and activities in consultation with industry and the MOD and we will use their feedback and input as a key part of the evidence base in developing the delivery of our statutory functions.
The SSRO’s Board will monitor delivery of the Corporate Plan. The plan will be updated each year.