The SSRO’s aims are “to ensure that good value for money for the taxpayer is obtained in government expenditure on qualifying defence contracts” and that “persons who are parties to qualifying defence contracts are paid a fair and reasonable price under those contracts”. In delivering these aims we will at all times be independent, transparent, professional and authoritative.
The Corporate Plan sets five strategic objectives for the SSRO:
- Have effective, fair and transparent engagement and adjudication with the MOD and industry.
- Issue authoritative and impartial rates and guidance.
- Establish reputation as a respected source of expertise in single source defence procurement.
- Review and report on the operation of the regime and compliance with reporting obligations.
- Value and develop our people and information, and be financially responsible.
The Corporate Plan also includes a set of key performance indicators for 2017 - 2020, and reports on the SSRO’s performance against the indicators in place from our previous Corporate Plan.