The SSRO’s Corporate Plan establishes the vision and work programme of the regulator of single source defence procurement for the period 2016 - 2019.
The SSRO’s aims are “to ensure that good value for money for the taxpayer is obtained in government expenditure on qualifying defence contracts” and that “persons who are parties to qualifying defence contracts are paid a fair and reasonable price under those contracts”. In delivering these aims we will at all times continue to be independent, transparent and professional.
The SSRO has six strategic objectives:
- Be a fair and transparent adjudicator between the MOD and industry.
- Issue authoritative and impartial rates and guidance.
- Analyse the data provided to us to share best practice and assess compliance.
- As an expert on single source procurement, keep the Defence Reform Act and Regulations under review.
- Be a good employer and value our people.
- Be financially responsible and target our resources where they will have greatest public benefit.
The Corporate Plan includes a set of key performance indicators to measure the SSRO’s performance from 2016 – 2019. It also reports on the SSRO’s performance against the indicators set out in its Corporate Plan for 2015 – 2018.