SSRO Annual Report and Accounts 2015/16
The regulator of the UK government’s procurement of ‘single source’ military goods, works and services has published its Annual Report and Accounts 2015/16.
In its second Annual Report and Accounts, the SSRO reports on its performance in 2015/16 as it worked towards the full implementation of the regime established by the Defence Reform Act 2014.
In its second year, the SSRO has, among other achievements:
- recommended to the Secretary of State that the baseline profit rate for single source defence contracts for 2016 should be reduced to 8.95 per cent, following a fundamental review of the methodology for calculating the rates;
- issued its first annual Compliance Report, reporting on the MOD and industry’s compliance with the regime;
- issued one opinion and received one request for a determination;
- launched a programme of Value for Money studies;
- provided a full set of Defined Pricing Structure templates, which determine relationships between costs and outputs, and record the estimated and outturn costs, for every Qualifying Defence Contract;
- become a ‘Prescribed Person’ under the Public Interest Disclosure Act, able to receive qualifying disclosures from whistleblowers who work for industry, the MOD and third parties; and
- launched a Helpdesk for external parties seeking clarification, and published on a monthly basis the ‘SSRO Answers’ document, which consolidates the queries received.
We hope that you will find the content of the documents interesting and informative.
Published: 6 July 2016