This is a competitive process which seeks to offer small grants up to a maximum of £10,000 for each award. The scheme is run to support the education and outreach aims and objectives of the UK Space Agency, as set out in its Education, Skills and Outreach Strategy.
This, in turn, will support the aims of the UK Space Agency by encouraging and supporting the use of space as an inspiring context for teaching and learning, by addressing the skills needs of the UK space sector and by improving awareness of the UK’s space programme and STEM literacy in general.
Please read the attached guidance and use the application form to apply for this grant.
As this is an extremely popular and competitive scheme, often being oversubscribed, particular attention should be focussed on best meeting the judging criteria outlined in the guidance when applying.
We anticipate the following schedule:
- opening of award scheme – 17 December 2019
- deadline for proposals to be received – 5pm 7 February 2020
- outcome notification – w/c 23 March 2020
- projects to start - no earlier than 1 May 2020
- projects to be completed - no later than 19 March 2021.