Size and Health of the UK Space Industry: we want your input.
With the survey now open for responses, this is your chance to ensure that your voice is heard in the 2016 update.
You will have seen the 2014 Size and Health of the UK Space Industry report (available here). We run this survey every 2 years, and the time is now here for the 2016 update. With the survey now open for responses, this is your chance to ensure that your voice is heard.
The survey is our regular study of the characteristics and performance of space-related organisations in the UK – covering research, science, engineering, supply and use of space and satellite services. It is the best source of definitive information about the size and shape of the UK space sector.
We use this evidence to track the growth of the industry, identify emerging trends and any limiting constraints, and to make the best possible case for funding. It helps us to shape UK space policy and support industry in reaching the ambitious target of growing to £40 billion by 2030.
We have again selected London Economics to carry out the study on our behalf. This year’s survey has been significantly streamlined in response to feedback, and should be easier to complete than in previous years in approximately 20 minutes.
If you are only able to provide partial or approximate information, that would still be useful. All information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence, and only aggregate information will be published.
If you have any queries about the survey please contact Greg Sadlier at London Economics (020 3701 7707, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Will Lecky at the UK Space Agency (0207 215 4230, email@example.com).
Thank you in advance for participating.
To complete the survey, you will need the following data:
Annual accounts: 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16 (if available)
- Turnover / Budget / Funding (net received)
- Employee headcount
- Breakdown of turnover into space-related and non-space activities
- Breakdown of space-related turnover by domain, customer region and customer type
HR / Payroll data
- Breakdown of employee headcount by location and role
- Employee qualifications by type
- R&D spend in total and by source (internal, external)
- Internal costs / budget data for details on spend on subcontractors and other supplier inputs by location (UK and non-UK based) and sector (space and non-space)
Published: 12 May 2016
From: UK Space Agency