UK heat networks represent a significant investment opportunity across distribution, generation, storage, controls and customer interface.
UK heat infrastructure is a significant and growing investment opportunity.
Delivering the current pipeline of heat infrastructure projects will require up to £2 billion of capital investment over the next 10 years. It will require investment from a range of funding sources.
For the supply chain this pipeline also represents £3.2 to 6.4 billion of operations and maintenance contracts across the 40 year lifetime of these low-carbon energy infrastructure assets.
The ‘Investing in the UK’s heat infrastructure: Heat Networks’ guide introduces the heat infrastructure investment pipeline. This has been developed for investors and supply chain companies with a potential interest in the opportunities presented by the fast developing UK heat network market.
The ‘Investing in the UK’s heat infrastructure: Heat Networks’ guide sets out:
- scale of the heat infrastructure investment opportunity
- heat infrastructure investment timeframes
- heat infrastructure supply chain opportunities
- investment climate
- investor and supply chain support
Find details of regularly updated project opportunities in:
- England and Wales, see above heat infrastructure investment pipeline spreadsheets
- Scotland, see district heating Scotland’s projects map
This was published originally by UK Trade and Investment which has since moved to the Department for International Trade (DIT).