Amend an export declaration that contains an export refund claim (C1221)

Use form C1221 to request an amendment to a Common Agricultural Policy export declaration that contains a claim to export refund.


Tell HMRC using the postal form


Fill in the form on-screen, print and post it to HMRC.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Information you’ll need

You’ll need the following details to hand to help you complete the form:

  • your Rural Payments Agency (RPA) Registered Trader number
  • your RPA claim reference number
  • the Entry Processing Unit
  • the entry number
  • the date of amendment
  • the Unique Consignment Reference
  • the date of arrival of goods into Customs control
  • the ship name or aircraft flight prefix and number
  • the container or vehicle number
  • the route code
  • the Combined Nomenclature or Export Registration Number
  • the recipe code
  • the supplementary declaration code
  • the T5 number, if you have one

Send form C81 for any items not relating directly to the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) export refund (including any change to the quantity).

Before you start using the postal form

If you’re using the postal form and your browser is an older one, for example, Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You cannot save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Import and Export: CAP Export CIE Control (C88 (CAP) CIE)
Use form C88 (CAP) CIE export declaration to comply with NES and SAD H.

Import and Export: CAP Export refund consignment schedule (C1226A)
Use form C1226A to report consignments exported, shipped as stores or delivered to entitled establishments.

Import and Export: CAP export declaration and claim form for export refund and advance payment (C1227A)
Use form C1227A to claim an export refund or an advance payment.

Published 5 September 2014