In this study, children's centre leaders reflect on what works, what is valued and what leadership behaviours make a real difference.
The National College for School Leadership commissioned this research to look at the nature of effective leadership in children’s centres and the development of system leadership.
The study included:
- a review of research and policy
- case studies of 25 centre leaders
- practitioner workshops
The report includes the:
- main challenges for children’s centre leaders
- core behaviours of highly effective leaders and system leaders
- important messages for policy and practice