High needs funding arrangements: 2016 to 2017
Information for local authorities and institutions about high needs funding arrangements for 2016 to 2017.
Ref: EFA-00257-2015 PDF, 228KB, 14 pages
Ref: EFA-00256-2015 PDF, 330KB, 18 pages
High needs student numbers recorded in the 2014 to 2015 ILR R14 return (post 16 only) and spring 2015 school census (pre-16 and post-16)
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 267KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 1.15MB
Local authorities were asked to submit 2016 to 2017 high needs place numbers in EFA-funded institutions (where there is a change from 2015 to 2016 place numbers) by 16 November 2015.
The data received has been validated and are presented in the workbook high needs place change request outcomes: 2016 to 2017. This lists all institutions for which local authorities submitted a request to change high needs place numbers. The individual outcomes have been determined in line with the principles set out in high needs place change request process: technical note 2016 to 2017 and the data published in high needs student numbers recorded in the 2014 to 2015 ILR R14 return (post-16 only) and spring 2015 school census (pre-16 and post-16).
Place change request outcomes will inform the place numbers in further education college, commercial and charitable provider, and academy 16 to 19 student number statements, issued from the end of January 2016; and 2016 to 2017 general annual grant statements for academies and free schools, issued from February 2016.
Enquiries relating to the outcomes of the place change request process may be submitted via EFA’s enquiry form no later than Thursday 29 January 2016. Institutions should contact the local authority in the first instance. Requests from local authorities for further changes will not be considered.
Published: 23 September 2015
Updated: 20 December 2016
- Updated information on the transfers for 219-25 year old young people from Learning Disability Assessments (LDAs) to Education Health and Care (EHC) plans.
- High needs funding operational guide updated with revised arrangements for pupils in post 16 institutions without an EHC plan by 1 September 2016.
- High needs place change request outcomes: 2016 to 2017 excel document has been added.
- updated spreadsheet added on high needs student numbers recorded in the 2014 to 2015 ILR R14 return (post 16 only) and Spring 2015 school census (pre-16 and post-16)
- Links to the high needs funding videos added.
- First published.
From: Education Funding Agency