An outline of the skills required to manage property assets at both operational and strategic level, and guidance for understanding the framework.
PDF, 257KB, 7 pages
PDF, 974KB, 3 pages
The Government Property Profession (GPP) competency framework provides a basis for improving the capability for all civil servants working in property asset management roles across government.
The GPP competences complement the Civil Service competency framework. They are defined as:
- professional/technical expertise
- statutory, regulatory & professional requirements
- interpretation & analysis of data
- sustaining & developing the GPP
These competences and the appropriate level should appear in job descriptions for property asset management roles and are used in appraisal for GPP members.
Published: 1 February 2013
Updated: 24 February 2015
- New version of the competency framework published (February 2015) along with a guidance doc for understanding the framework.
- First published.