Code of practice and conduct 2015: fingerprint comparison
- Forensic Science Regulator
- Part of:
- Forensic science providers: codes of practice and conduct
- 24 March 2015
Codes of conduct and practice on fingerprint comparison for forensic science providers.
PDF, 398KB, 22 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
These are the codes of conduct and practice for fingerprint detail examination.
This guidance is to help forensic science providers in the fingerprint profession provide a reliable service to the criminal justice system.
The document gives guidance on:
- considerations when examining fingerprint detail
- reporting the results
- assuring the quality of tests
- professional responsibility
- fingerprint evidence and its place in the criminal justice system
Published: 24 March 2015