Guidance for investigators and prosecutors on image analysis.
Prosecutors and investigators can use this guidance to get advice on:
- the different types of comparison and interpretation evidence
- factors that affect the reliability of this type of analysis
- the requirements of the Forensic Science Regulator and the Criminal Justice System regarding expert evidence
This second issue has been updated to:
- reflect recent changes to legal provisions
- cover the updated regulator’s codes
It supersedes the 2015 guidance, which was published in partnership with the Crown Prosecution Service, Metropolitan Police Service and the National Crime Agency.