Forensic image comparison and interpretation evidence: issue 2
Guidance for investigators and prosecutors on image analysis.
Forensic image comparison and interpretation evidence: guidance for prosecutors and investigators, issue 2
PDF, 641KB, 19 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Prosecutors and investigators can use this guidance to get advice on:
- the different types of comparison and interpretation evidence
- factors that affect the reliability of this type of analysis
- the requirements of the Forensic Science Regulator and the Criminal Justice System regarding expert evidence
This second issue has been updated to:
- reflect recent changes to legal provisions
- cover the updated regulator’s codes
It supersedes the 2015 guidance, which was published in partnership with the Crown Prosecution Service, Metropolitan Police Service and the National Crime Agency.
Published: 31 March 2016