Details of the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management's (CoRWM's) immediate priorities and future plans.
This document set out CoRWM’s priorities in 2012 to 2013 which are:
- treatment, packaging, storage and transport of higher activity waste (HAW)
- geological disposal of HAW
- government and Nuclear Decommissioning Authority preparations for Stage 4 of the Managing Radioactive Waste Safely process (site identification and assessment)
- proposals for the acceleration of geological disposal
- development of a strategy to implement the Scottish government HAW policy
This document also outlines topics that CoRWM may address in 2013 to 2015.