Call for nominations: Chair, Space Environments Working Group
The UK Space Agency seeks nominations for the chairperson of its Space Environments Working Group.
PDF, 163KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The SEWG provides advice and support to the Agency on matters related to space environments, microgravity and human spaceflight programmes (principally, UK involvement in ESA’s ELIPS and ISS Utilisation programmes).
Membership of the SEWG consists of representatives of the academic and industrial communities from across the breadth of relevant subject areas, including biomedicine, fundamental physics, materials science and space science.
The chairperson of the group plays an important role in guiding discussions, tasking members with specific activities and reporting to the Agency’s Executive Board and its Space Exploration Advisory Committee.
Nominations should be made no later than 14 April 2017 by email to the below address. Please include the following information:
- brief summary (200-300 words) of relevant experience
Suitable candidates are expected to have:
- a good knowledge of work in microgravity/space environments facilities (this could be for example on the ISS, drop towers, parabolic flights or other space or space-analogue platforms)
- experience of working with international space programmes (e.g. with ESA, NASA)
- broad knowledge of the UK R+D landscape
- knowledge of the political and strategic challenges of work in this area, at both a national and international level
- experience of working in similar advisory positions for government or other public bodies (e.g. government agencies, Research Councils, other funding bodies.)
Chairmanship is on a two-year term, commencing August 2017. Meetings are usually held quarterly. To submit a nomination (either for yourself or for a colleague) or for more information about the SEWG and what membership entails, please contact:
Libby Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: 2 March 2017
From: UK Space Agency