For more information on the vacancy, please visit the Public Appointments website.
The UK Space Agency Steering Board currently consists of four independent members (including the Chair), the Agency’s CEO, Senior Information Risk Owner and a Deputy Director representing BEIS.
The Steering Board’s role is to:
- Advise on external drivers, strategic direction and development of targets, within the framework of the UK Space Agency’s objectives, BEIS and wider Government objectives
- Bring an external perspective to provide a strategic challenge on the business and corporate plans and review and endorse the annual report and accounts for submission by the Accounting Officer
- Advise on and monitor performance including setting of targets and performance against them, as well as providing an independent assessment of the targets and the underlying processes
- Advise on major business developments which imply a significant change in the Agency’s role or activities and on its exposure to and management of risk
- Advocate and advise in relation to the promotion and awareness of the work of the UK Space Agency with stakeholders and partners
- Act as critical friend to the CEO and Executive Board