UKCCIS achievements include:
- creating a family friendly internet and a consultation about parental internet controls drawn up by service providers following a
- providing they should be using
- providing advice for industry on , , and
- creating summaries of a large body of internet safety research
UKCCIS Board members
- WF: Susie Hargreaves, CEO
- CEOP: Peter Davies, CEO
- Ofcom: Claudio Pollack, Director Consumer Group
- Safer Internet Centre: Will Gardner, CEO
- Facebook: Simon Milner, Director of Policy UK and Ireland
- BlackBerry RIM: Elizabeth Kanter, Director of Government relations (recently re-appointed, 6 months)
- BT: Julian Ashworth, Chief Strategy Officer
- TalkTalk: Dido Harding, CEO
- Tesco: Andrew Uden, Head of Product Development, UK and Central Europe
- UKIE: Jo Twist, CEO
- BBFC: David Cooke, Director
- Microsoft: Nicola Hodson, Director of Marketing and Operations
- Christian Cull: Vodafone, Director of Corporate Communications
- Tony Pilch, Virgin media, Director of Policy
- Adam Kinsley, Sky, BskyB, Director of Policy
- NSPCC: Peter Liver, Director of Childline
- CHIS: John Carr, Secretary
- Parentzone: Vicki Shotbolt, CEO
- Dave Miles: FOSI, Director
- Sonia Livingstone: LSE, Professor
- Tink Palmer: Marie Collins Foundation, CEO
When vacancies arise, board members and other appropriate organisations are invited to make nominations, except in the case of government officials who are nominated by their departments.
The final decision about who is appointed to the board is made by the joint ministerial chairs.
The UKCCIS Executive Board oversees the whole of the Council. It is responsible for identifying priority areas of work, and sets the strategic direction for UKCCIS.
The Board meets on a quarterly basis and is chaired jointly by Edward Timpson MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Children and Families, Damian Green MP, Minister of State for Police and Criminal Justice and Ed Vaizey, MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Culture, Communications and the Creative Industries.