Vivienne is Chairman of Vallourec SA, Senior Independent Director at Pearson plc, a Non-Executive Director of GSK and a member of the board of Stena International.
In 2009 she retired from BP after 28 years with the company. Her last full time role was as the Executive Vice President of the Gas, Power and Renewables business.
Commissioner C - Airports Commission
- submitting a report to the government by the end of 2013 identifying and recommending options to the government for maintaining the UK’s status as an international hub for aviation
- recommending to the government immediate actions to improve the use of existing runway capacity in the next 5 years – consistent with credible long-term options
- submitting a final report to the government by summer 2015 assessing the environmental, economic and social costs and benefits of various solutions to increase airport capacity
- considering operational, commercial and technical viability
Lead Non-executive Director
The Lead Non-executive Director provides an external perspective on DFID’s work, while knowing and understanding DFID as an organisation.
They use their experiences and skills from outside DFID to provide objective and constructive challenges on the decisions made by DFID’s committees and boards.
The Lead Non-executive Director sits on the following committees and boards within DFID:
- the Departmental Board
- the Executive Management Committee
- the Senior Leadership Committee
Non-executive directors form a network across government, led by the Government Lead Non-executive.