Victoria Atkins MP was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Home Office on 9 November 2017.
She was elected Conservative MP for Louth and Horncastle in May 2015.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Crime, Safeguarding and Vulnerability
The minister is responsible for:
- victims of terrorism
- Disclosure and Barring Service
- crime prevention
- anti-social behaviour
- gangs, youth crime and youth violence
- knife crime
- wildlife crime
- child sexual exploitation and abuse (including Independent Inquiry into Child Sex Abuse
- online child sexual exploitation
- mental health
- modern slavery
- honour-based violence (including forced marriage and honour killings)
- female genital mutilation (FGM)
- violence against women and girls
- missing people and children
- sexual violence, prostitution and lap dancing
- domestic violence
- internet safety
Minister for Women
The Minister for Women has overall responsibility for policy on gender equality.